LifeLinks has long been committed to providing services and supports to the disabled.
We are excited to now offer free, assistive technology software that will help disabled individuals, including developmentally disabled individuals, to navigate the Internet more easily.
In alliance with eSSENTIAL AccessibilityTM LifeLinks has joined a global Disability Community Involvement Initiative launched in association with leading advocacy groups for people with disabilities. LifeLinks' website will now feature an interactive icon to enhance online access for people with disabilities. If Internet use is typically prohibitive for you with regards to typing, moving a mouse or reading, eSSENTIAL AccessibilityTM will provide you with the online tools you need to navigate it more easily. Click here to learn more about eSSENTIAL AccessibilityTM or download it now!
LifeLinks is proud to be a founding member of thie Disability Community Involvement Initiative. It brings us one step closer to mirroring our society's diversity by creating a more inclusive, equitable and accessible world for all of us.
eSSENTIAL AccessibilityTM tools can be used by anyone who experiences difficulties with dexterity and reading on typical websites due to:
- Developmental Disabilities
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Age-related factors
- Mild visual impairment
- Limited proficiency in English
- Literary deficiencies
- Other learning difficulties
Key Accessibility-Enhancing Features
- Onscreen Keyboard (with Word Prediction and Layout Designer)
- Auto click
- Manual scan
- Auto Scan
- XY Mouse
- Direction Mouse
- Radar Mouse
- Hands-Free Movement Tracking System
eSSENTIAL AccessibilityTM includes a page reader system for individuals who have difficulty reading. This feature can be set to:
- Read the content of webpages out loud
- Read the title of the frames out loud
- Read the content of a selectrd frame out loud
- Read the links on an open webpage out loud
eSSENTIAL AccessibilityTM is fully compatible with Microsoft Speech Recognition 6.1 or greater
- Fully customizable toolbar
- Multi-Language (7 in all)
- Fully compatible with SAPI 4 and SAPI 5
- LiveUpdate System